Saturday, December 26, 2009

A spiritual link

"The University" was what it was called. At that time, many years ago, I did not even know the meaning of this word. All I knew was that it was the most beautiful place I had ever seen in the 11 years of my life. Rows and rows of huge flowering trees would line the broad pathway leading from the main gate to a huge building which was the library. The air, heavy with the fragrance of Golden Shower blossoms would almost intoxicate me. A calm would descend upon me the moment I entered the campus. The place was so peaceful, so serene. Mother would often tell me that if I studied well, then I could get admission here. Too young to actually think about the future, I would simply nod. I used to cycle to my school through the campus even though it meant cycling an extra kilometer. Years later, destiny led me to this very place I had so admired as a child. During my final year in school, a teacher told me about an integrated 5 year MBA program offered by the university. At 18, I was not really sure of what profession I wanted to be in, but I was sure of one thing- I had to get into this university. I applied, gave the entrance test and waited for the results. My test had not gone very well, yet I was hoping that I would make it. I did ( Thanks to GOD) !! And thus started the most beautiful period of my life, beginning from the day I first set foot into my classroom, and continuing till now :-) !!

No comments:

Post a Comment